The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
America is doomed if the Republicans manage to lose the House in '14
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago