What is missing from this argument is the fact that the parents of most failing students in failing schools are MIA. Divorce and single parent households and the destruction of the traditional nuclear family have destroyed our schools and our nation. We have dumbed ourselves down to where people have a goal of getting through school as quickly as possible and learning as little as possible. We've got all this technology and tools to learn with, but more people are functionally illiterate today than ever.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 12 hours ago