What is missing from this argument is the fact that the parents of most failing students in failing schools are MIA. Divorce and single parent households and the destruction of the traditional nuclear family have destroyed our schools and our nation. We have dumbed ourselves down to where people have a goal of getting through school as quickly as possible and learning as little as possible. We've got all this technology and tools to learn with, but more people are functionally illiterate today than ever.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: IRS agents who didn’t pay their taxes get $1 million in bonuses Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Most popular guy in the Party of Fair Share to endorse tax cheat for 23rd term Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Oh, good: The EPA finally, retroactively lowers a 2013 biofuels requirement to reflect the fact that the required biofuels did not actually exist Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- The Scalia – Sotomayor Thunderdome Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- AP reporter to State Dep’t spokesman: Seriously, can you identify a single accomplishment since 2010? Allahpundit 11 hours ago