What is missing from this argument is the fact that the parents of most failing students in failing schools are MIA. Divorce and single parent households and the destruction of the traditional nuclear family have destroyed our schools and our nation. We have dumbed ourselves down to where people have a goal of getting through school as quickly as possible and learning as little as possible. We've got all this technology and tools to learn with, but more people are functionally illiterate today than ever.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago