What is missing from this argument is the fact that the parents of most failing students in failing schools are MIA. Divorce and single parent households and the destruction of the traditional nuclear family have destroyed our schools and our nation. We have dumbed ourselves down to where people have a goal of getting through school as quickly as possible and learning as little as possible. We've got all this technology and tools to learn with, but more people are functionally illiterate today than ever.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- ‘Merica: Kids and parents take to Capitol Hill to protest sledding ban by sledding Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Reports: Clinton email practices violated clear State Dept. rules, Clinton’s own directives Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- #TBT video: Walter Cronkite warns of an impending ice age Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- John Kerry: Maybe we do need to use military force to oust Assad after all Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Some Dems giving up on trying to spin Hillary’s e-mail fiasco, mumbling “who gives a sh*t?” instead Allahpundit 10 hours ago