But one of those is no longer true. Tuesday, a federal appeals court said the state cannot maintain its flat ban on concealed-carry -- a policy that makes it unique among the 50 states. In 2008, the Supreme Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to have and use a gun for self-protection. Extending the logic of that decision, the appeals court...
This funny: "A 2004 study by the National Academy of Sciences found "no credible evidence that 'right-to-carry' laws, which allow qualified adults to carry concealed handguns, either decrease or increase violent crime." " IIRC, the National Academy of Sciences is a left wing org, and they would have weighted the study as much as they could to the leftoid narrative. The best they could come up with with "No effect". LOL.
There are certain constants to life in Illinois. Abraham Lincoln has always been revered. The Cubs always find a way to lose. Lake Michigan never goes dry. Letting citizens carrying concealed firearms is out of the question.
- Captain Kirk: Give Hillary the conn Ed Morrissey 40 minutes ago
- Dumb new controversy: Should the 9/11 Museum mention jihad? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Gabby Franco & Nikki Turpeaux, Steven Crowder, Ashley McGuire Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Has Obama decided to reject the Keystone XL pipeline already? Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- Must see: Phoenix VA maintains “secret waiting list” while sick veterans languish and die Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Polls: Udall vs. Gardner in a dead heat in Colorado Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago