The problem isn't just that Romney frequently finds himself making detailed explanations, which is never a good thing in politics. The problem is that it always sounds a little odd to voters for Romney to say that when he...
Byron Dork, you are as dumb as Santorum. You complain because Romney doesn't present a one-line answer (you don't like complex politics) to the difference between an American state and the American nation. What part of states rights in the constitution do you not get? States have been making us buy car insurance for some time now, and if we elect state legislators who insist on attacking free riders and mandating health insurance, the supreme court will have nothing to say. This is the right of a state. The constitution limits what the nation can do by way of interfering in commerce. With republicans like Santorum, who needs democrats or York?
It's always been a challenge for Mitt Romney to explain the differences between Romneycare and Obamacare. The two programs share a lot of the same features -- mandate, penalties, subsidies, exchanges and others. Romney has consistently argued that those provisions are acceptable, even good, at the state level, but not acceptable, and in some cases not even constitutional, at the federal level.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago