The problem isn't just that Romney frequently finds himself making detailed explanations, which is never a good thing in politics. The problem is that it always sounds a little odd to voters for Romney to say that when he...
Byron Dork, you are as dumb as Santorum. You complain because Romney doesn't present a one-line answer (you don't like complex politics) to the difference between an American state and the American nation. What part of states rights in the constitution do you not get? States have been making us buy car insurance for some time now, and if we elect state legislators who insist on attacking free riders and mandating health insurance, the supreme court will have nothing to say. This is the right of a state. The constitution limits what the nation can do by way of interfering in commerce. With republicans like Santorum, who needs democrats or York?
It's always been a challenge for Mitt Romney to explain the differences between Romneycare and Obamacare. The two programs share a lot of the same features -- mandate, penalties, subsidies, exchanges and others. Romney has consistently argued that those provisions are acceptable, even good, at the state level, but not acceptable, and in some cases not even constitutional, at the federal level.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 6 hours ago