The problem isn't just that Romney frequently finds himself making detailed explanations, which is never a good thing in politics. The problem is that it always sounds a little odd to voters for Romney to say that when he...
Byron Dork, you are as dumb as Santorum. You complain because Romney doesn't present a one-line answer (you don't like complex politics) to the difference between an American state and the American nation. What part of states rights in the constitution do you not get? States have been making us buy car insurance for some time now, and if we elect state legislators who insist on attacking free riders and mandating health insurance, the supreme court will have nothing to say. This is the right of a state. The constitution limits what the nation can do by way of interfering in commerce. With republicans like Santorum, who needs democrats or York?
It's always been a challenge for Mitt Romney to explain the differences between Romneycare and Obamacare. The two programs share a lot of the same features -- mandate, penalties, subsidies, exchanges and others. Romney has consistently argued that those provisions are acceptable, even good, at the state level, but not acceptable, and in some cases not even constitutional, at the federal level.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 4 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago