Your comment was not helpful. I agree that the main point of the column was to show how dehumanizing the enemy breaks down our natural aversion to killing, but I think the columnist discredits herself when she conflates genocide with far lesser war-time acts. Imagine if the columnist had instead used the example of Americans dehumanizing the unborn as "globs of tissue" or "a choice". Though I think that would have been a more apt comparison.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 13 hours ago