The problem is that all reason is thrown out the door when these contracts are negotiated. Far too often union contracts are negotiated with wildly optimistic economic union assumptions that lead to massive unfunded liability (http://on.wsj.com/qB3BON). If contracts were negotiated reasonably, many of theses cities could avoided these harsh realities.
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago