The problem is that all reason is thrown out the door when these contracts are negotiated. Far too often union contracts are negotiated with wildly optimistic economic union assumptions that lead to massive unfunded liability (http://on.wsj.com/qB3BON). If contracts were negotiated reasonably, many of theses cities could avoided these harsh realities.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 58 mins ago
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Politico sounds the alarm: Boehner may still have to listen to tea partiers after midterms Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Fox News: Obama briefed for more than a year on ISIS as serious threat Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Poll: 63% oppose Obama’s executive order on amnesty Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 4 hours ago