The problem is that all reason is thrown out the door when these contracts are negotiated. Far too often union contracts are negotiated with wildly optimistic economic union assumptions that lead to massive unfunded liability (http://on.wsj.com/qB3BON). If contracts were negotiated reasonably, many of theses cities could avoided these harsh realities.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 5 hours ago