The problem is that all reason is thrown out the door when these contracts are negotiated. Far too often union contracts are negotiated with wildly optimistic economic union assumptions that lead to massive unfunded liability (http://on.wsj.com/qB3BON). If contracts were negotiated reasonably, many of theses cities could avoided these harsh realities.
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 50 mins ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago