Collective bargaining, especially when it comes to teachers and teachers unions has become increasingly dangerous to states and their taxpayers. Consistently we see collective bargaining awarding state and local employees total compensation packages that far outstrip those found in the private sector (http://bit.ly/pZofYR). And when it comes to schools we’re not seeing much bang for our buck, and as a result, we continue to lose confidence in public schools despite putting more and more money into it (http://bit.ly/LmszmU).
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 44 minutes ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago