Collective bargaining, especially when it comes to teachers and teachers unions has become increasingly dangerous to states and their taxpayers. Consistently we see collective bargaining awarding state and local employees total compensation packages that far outstrip those found in the private sector (http://bit.ly/pZofYR). And when it comes to schools we’re not seeing much bang for our buck, and as a result, we continue to lose confidence in public schools despite putting more and more money into it (http://bit.ly/LmszmU).
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 34 mins ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 12 hours ago