As Guy wrote this week, liberals are arguing spending doesn't lead to deficits or more debt. During his final press conference of his first term Monday, President Obama argued that his vote against raising the debt ceiling in 2006 came at a time when things were "different," and that Republicans shouldn't be hesitating to increase the debt ceiling this time around. Yesterday on Neil Cavuto's show, Democratic Rep. Jan Schakosky argued that Democrats voting against a debt ceiling increase in 2006 wasn't "real."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 5 hours ago