In response to:

A Victory for Creatures of the State

Petya Wrote: Nov 09, 2012 12:33 PM
transport tanks. Very true. Just because Hitler attacked first and grabbed those areas (5% of Russia at most) - doesn't mean he got 90%. And even if he did, the remaining 10% was enough to defeat germans - because Germany was a cra p hole unprepared for any serious war. Area wise - he got 5%. Population wise, maybe 10%. Soviets moved industry in less than a year and German was a toast ever since.

The Progressives won on Tuesday.

I don't mean the people who voted Democrat who call themselves "progressive." Though they won, too.

I mean the Progressives who've been waging a century-long effort to transform our American-style government into a European-style state.

The words "government" and "state" are often used interchangeably, but they are really different things. According to the founders' vision, the people are sovereign and the government belongs to us. Under the European notion of the state, the people are creatures of the state, significant only as parts of the whole.

This European version of the state can be nice. One...