Hong Kong ranks as the freest country in the world according to the Index, followed by Singapore and Australia. New Zealand and Switzerland round out the top five. Out of the top ten countries, however, only two became more free relative to last year's...
QR posted; "Other countries (e.g. Switzerland, Netherlands, Germany) with universal health care have better waiting times for elective surgery than the US" Germany has a Doctor shortage. My Uncle's doctor works 6-7 days a week 10 to 12 hours a day often. And she gets no overtime for that. She gets paid the same as many working 40 hours a week. That's why they strike often. And again, Switzerland has the best system in the world; Open exchange across 'state' lines where you can pick and choose services. It's what the GOP said would be better than ObamaCare... They were right. btw, all those countries also have food protection laws. We have Monsanto... we're screwed.
The Heritage Foundation released their annual Index of Economic Freedom, a country-by-country ranking of economic freedom throughout the world. The United States' position in their rankings fell for the fifth year in a row - this time below Denmark - and ranks as the tenth-freest country in the world, in the "mostly free" category.
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 24 minutes ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago