Hong Kong ranks as the freest country in the world according to the Index, followed by Singapore and Australia. New Zealand and Switzerland round out the top five. Out of the top ten countries, however, only two became more free relative to last year's...
QR posted; "Other countries (e.g. Switzerland, Netherlands, Germany) with universal health care have better waiting times for elective surgery than the US" Germany has a Doctor shortage. My Uncle's doctor works 6-7 days a week 10 to 12 hours a day often. And she gets no overtime for that. She gets paid the same as many working 40 hours a week. That's why they strike often. And again, Switzerland has the best system in the world; Open exchange across 'state' lines where you can pick and choose services. It's what the GOP said would be better than ObamaCare... They were right. btw, all those countries also have food protection laws. We have Monsanto... we're screwed.
The Heritage Foundation released their annual Index of Economic Freedom, a country-by-country ranking of economic freedom throughout the world. The United States' position in their rankings fell for the fifth year in a row - this time below Denmark - and ranks as the tenth-freest country in the world, in the "mostly free" category.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago