Hong Kong ranks as the freest country in the world according to the Index, followed by Singapore and Australia. New Zealand and Switzerland round out the top five. Out of the top ten countries, however, only two became more free relative to last year's...
QR posted; "Other countries (e.g. Switzerland, Netherlands, Germany) with universal health care have better waiting times for elective surgery than the US" Germany has a Doctor shortage. My Uncle's doctor works 6-7 days a week 10 to 12 hours a day often. And she gets no overtime for that. She gets paid the same as many working 40 hours a week. That's why they strike often. And again, Switzerland has the best system in the world; Open exchange across 'state' lines where you can pick and choose services. It's what the GOP said would be better than ObamaCare... They were right. btw, all those countries also have food protection laws. We have Monsanto... we're screwed.
The Heritage Foundation released their annual Index of Economic Freedom, a country-by-country ranking of economic freedom throughout the world. The United States' position in their rankings fell for the fifth year in a row - this time below Denmark - and ranks as the tenth-freest country in the world, in the "mostly free" category.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 20 hours ago