Hong Kong ranks as the freest country in the world according to the Index, followed by Singapore and Australia. New Zealand and Switzerland round out the top five. Out of the top ten countries, however, only two became more free relative to last year's...
QR posted; "Other countries (e.g. Switzerland, Netherlands, Germany) with universal health care have better waiting times for elective surgery than the US" Germany has a Doctor shortage. My Uncle's doctor works 6-7 days a week 10 to 12 hours a day often. And she gets no overtime for that. She gets paid the same as many working 40 hours a week. That's why they strike often. And again, Switzerland has the best system in the world; Open exchange across 'state' lines where you can pick and choose services. It's what the GOP said would be better than ObamaCare... They were right. btw, all those countries also have food protection laws. We have Monsanto... we're screwed.
The Heritage Foundation released their annual Index of Economic Freedom, a country-by-country ranking of economic freedom throughout the world. The United States' position in their rankings fell for the fifth year in a row - this time below Denmark - and ranks as the tenth-freest country in the world, in the "mostly free" category.
- Obama’s criticism of Israel: Deflection or duplicitousness? Jeff Dunetz 14 mins ago
- Grand Jury in Michael Brown shooting under scrutiny following tweets Jazz Shaw 55 mins ago
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago