The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
So Obama and the FDA want calories labeled on everything, yet refuse, even fight tooth and nail to label GMO Foods saying it will cost too much??? And then there's Neotame, Aspartame's replacement as the patent expires. It's even a worse Neurotoxin than it's predecessor. And what does the FDA do? No labeling required on it. You won't even know you're consuming it... And then there's the fight to get rid of Supplements and Organics that even Congress joins in on. Durbin wanted to make Vitamin D prescription only (You know the vitamin you get from the Sun!). Seriously... DC is completey Effed up when it comes to what is good for people. In fact, the FDA is good at creating customers for Big Pharma...
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 47 mins ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago