President Obama is expected to officially announce plans for executive action on gun control tomorrow and he's planning to do it surrounded by children. More from the Washington Examiner:
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney announced this afternoon that President Obama will unveil a “concrete package” of gun control proposals including assault weapons bans, high capacity ammunition magazine bans, and closing loopholes on background checks.
Carney said that the president will be joined by Vice President Joe Biden as well as children who wrote to the president after the Newtown shootings.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago