Remember when President Obama was justifiably criticized for saying that the private sector was “doing fine” last summer when tens of millions of Americans were struggling to find work and the national unemployment rate languished above 8 percent? This was a stunning admission. And Republicans, for their part, did something right for a change by taking advantage of the president’s blunder. However, according to AEI’s Aparna Mathur and data compiled by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the only workers who seem to be “doing fine” nowadays --...
"The US has the #1 economy in the world." Our Economic Freedom is sliding down the scale quicky. The Index is an indicator of how much the average person can prosper. And 62% of the young are unemployed. Their jobs are occupied by older people settling for a job below their abilities. "US Corporate profits are at all time highs and productivity is at peak levels." No, the Market is way up. It's articially pumped full of Quantitative Easing Money. That has also caused inflation in the value of stocks. Productivity is not at peak levels historically. You just seem to be repeating talking points someone handed to you.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago