Remember when President Obama was justifiably criticized for saying that the private sector was “doing fine” last summer when tens of millions of Americans were struggling to find work and the national unemployment rate languished above 8 percent? This was a stunning admission. And Republicans, for their part, did something right for a change by taking advantage of the president’s blunder. However, according to AEI’s Aparna Mathur and data compiled by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the only workers who seem to be “doing fine” nowadays --...
"The US has the #1 economy in the world." Our Economic Freedom is sliding down the scale quicky. The Index is an indicator of how much the average person can prosper. And 62% of the young are unemployed. Their jobs are occupied by older people settling for a job below their abilities. "US Corporate profits are at all time highs and productivity is at peak levels." No, the Market is way up. It's articially pumped full of Quantitative Easing Money. That has also caused inflation in the value of stocks. Productivity is not at peak levels historically. You just seem to be repeating talking points someone handed to you.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago