Remember when President Obama was justifiably criticized for saying that the private sector was “doing fine” last summer when tens of millions of Americans were struggling to find work and the national unemployment rate languished above 8 percent? This was a stunning admission. And Republicans, for their part, did something right for a change by taking advantage of the president’s blunder. However, according to AEI’s Aparna Mathur and data compiled by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the only workers who seem to be “doing fine” nowadays --...
"The US has the #1 economy in the world." Our Economic Freedom is sliding down the scale quicky. The Index is an indicator of how much the average person can prosper. And 62% of the young are unemployed. Their jobs are occupied by older people settling for a job below their abilities. "US Corporate profits are at all time highs and productivity is at peak levels." No, the Market is way up. It's articially pumped full of Quantitative Easing Money. That has also caused inflation in the value of stocks. Productivity is not at peak levels historically. You just seem to be repeating talking points someone handed to you.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014