It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
"Dont worry the spending cuts are coming.....just not the ones you want." How's that going to work when Obama starts WW3 in Syria?
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 47 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago