Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
2013 10.2 (midsummer) 2104 11.0 That's the forecast.
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 18 hours ago