Piers Morgan doesn't even realize that, coming from Britain, his perspective on guns is based on a completely different cultural paradigm. He just sounds like meddler when he speaks on these things; not that people from other countries shouldn't be allowed to express opinions on events in America...but they ought to be informed opinions. He, and many others (including Americans) who don't understand the political philosophy behind the second amendment can't be said to properly have considered it, and therefore cannot possibly have a valid criticism or counter-argument. Also, many would be shocked to consider that so many ideas of the Revolution had their bases in English Common Law. Eek, to think of the gap now!
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago