And when President Barack Obama saw Americans struggling with higher gasoline and home energy prices, did he encourage more domestic oil exploration, off-shore drilling, or coal production, while lowering taxes on energy? Of course not. After all, with political observers expecting a close presidential race this year, Obama needs the financial and institutional support far-left environmental groups. The result has been the President anointing certain energy sources - such as wind and natural gas - as...
Being a petroleum engineer/geologist with domestic & foreign experience going back to 1948 I feel I can speak with siome authority on the subject of energy - especially natural gas and oil. The explosion in development of natural gas reserves is taking place in numerous sedementary basins where shale bodies contain natural gas - enormous amounts. However, what percentage will be commercially recoverable, over what period of time is still a big question? How long will well commercial productive rates last in these new gas wells? Today, no one knows. Therefore, we must proceed with caution in predicting the future of both natural gas and crude oil unconventinal reserves. No. Dakota has unconventional oil reserves, not gas.
When politicians want to look busy while avoiding tough decisions during an election year, what do they do? They form commissions and councils.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: IRS agents who didn’t pay their taxes get $1 million in bonuses Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Most popular guy in the Party of Fair Share to endorse tax cheat for 23rd term Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Oh, good: The EPA finally, retroactively lowers a 2013 biofuels requirement to reflect the fact that the required biofuels did not actually exist Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- The Scalia – Sotomayor Thunderdome Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- AP reporter to State Dep’t spokesman: Seriously, can you identify a single accomplishment since 2010? Allahpundit 7 hours ago