And when President Barack Obama saw Americans struggling with higher gasoline and home energy prices, did he encourage more domestic oil exploration, off-shore drilling, or coal production, while lowering taxes on energy? Of course not. After all, with political observers expecting a close presidential race this year, Obama needs the financial and institutional support far-left environmental groups. The result has been the President anointing certain energy sources - such as wind and natural gas - as...
Being a petroleum engineer/geologist with domestic & foreign experience going back to 1948 I feel I can speak with siome authority on the subject of energy - especially natural gas and oil. The explosion in development of natural gas reserves is taking place in numerous sedementary basins where shale bodies contain natural gas - enormous amounts. However, what percentage will be commercially recoverable, over what period of time is still a big question? How long will well commercial productive rates last in these new gas wells? Today, no one knows. Therefore, we must proceed with caution in predicting the future of both natural gas and crude oil unconventinal reserves. No. Dakota has unconventional oil reserves, not gas.
When politicians want to look busy while avoiding tough decisions during an election year, what do they do? They form commissions and councils.
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 30 mins ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Hillary: After weeks of criticism, I have decided I do have an opinion on Ferguson Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- DNC spokesman: We condemn Rand Paul’s “blame America” worldview Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired president to address something he saw on the news today about Ukraine at 4 p.m. ET; Update: “Ongoing incursion”; Update: No strategy yet on ISIS Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- More Senate Democrats hit the panic button on immigration Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago