Ms. Learner made a statement about her activities the first time she appeared before a congressional committee. She has waived her 5th amendment rights. She now should answer questions posed to her at further congressional hearings truthfully or be held in contempt of Congress. Contempt of Congress should be backed up by AUTOMATIC firing of any 'protected civil servant" -- and then all health and retirement benefits should be stripped. Such civil servants should also be permanently barred from working for any part of the Federal Government in any capacity for life. Since all civil servants have signed oaths to "protect and preserve" the Constitution of the United States, every one that had anything at all to do with processing these 501(c)(3) applications should suffer the same fate: discharge, strip of all benefits, deny all further right to work for the Federal government due to their violation of their basic oath of employment. That would get the bureaucracy's attention -- and we might then have plenty of whistle blowers showing up at Congress.
- Quotes of the day Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- WaPo’s Dan Balz’s message to Hillary: Being the first woman president is not a message Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- We have gun laws. We just don’t enforce them. Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Video: Jay Carney says Obama “literally doing what he promised not to do” Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- A hero comes home. Korean War MoH recipient laid to rest at Arlington Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- NFL Week 12 open thread Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago