1. Government does nothing well. 2. That which it seems to be competent at, usually costs far more than is reasonable or what a non-government entity (a business) would pay for a similar function. 3. The larger the government the more likely it will issue tyrannical rules and reduce individual liberty. 4. The mistake that most politicians make is that government is a force for good (or government "can be" a force for good). This is wrong. 5. Government is always a force for evil. Hopefully, sufficiently cynical politicians can keep government small so that it does less evil than it might otherwise do. Thus ends the "civics" lesson for today.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 11 hours ago