1. Government does nothing well. 2. That which it seems to be competent at, usually costs far more than is reasonable or what a non-government entity (a business) would pay for a similar function. 3. The larger the government the more likely it will issue tyrannical rules and reduce individual liberty. 4. The mistake that most politicians make is that government is a force for good (or government "can be" a force for good). This is wrong. 5. Government is always a force for evil. Hopefully, sufficiently cynical politicians can keep government small so that it does less evil than it might otherwise do. Thus ends the "civics" lesson for today.
- NY Daily News cover blasts Obama for vacation return after Foley murder Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Dems fret that ISIS will force America to return to Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago