Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
So should we outlaw any heterosexual union that cannot result in reproduction? Perhaps men and women should have to get fertility tests when they apply for a license. And sorry to anyone who can't; marriage, afterall, is JUST about making kids. But then how do we ensure that all those healthy, straight married couples actually fulfill their duties? The only answer I see is some kind of child mandate. If the couple doesn't have a kid within 3 years, we can just dissolve their union, because they were just abusing it anyway.
- Fox News: Obama briefed for more than a year on ISIS as serious threat Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Poll: 63% oppose Obama’s executive order on amnesty Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago