Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
So should we outlaw any heterosexual union that cannot result in reproduction? Perhaps men and women should have to get fertility tests when they apply for a license. And sorry to anyone who can't; marriage, afterall, is JUST about making kids. But then how do we ensure that all those healthy, straight married couples actually fulfill their duties? The only answer I see is some kind of child mandate. If the couple doesn't have a kid within 3 years, we can just dissolve their union, because they were just abusing it anyway.
- Rand Paul to Ted Cruz: Stop mischaracterizing my foreign policy views Allahpundit 43 minutes ago
- Video: Feds probing Maryland ObamaCare exchange Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Nancy Pelosi: A Republican friend of mine told me that his party is “indifferent” to “really hungry children,” you know Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis; Update: Goal achieved Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago