Historians point out that within months of achieving statehood in 1876, Colorado with its measly three electoral tipped the presidential election for Rutherford B. Hayes. Yet the dominant issue of that era, equal rights for former black slaves, wasn’t settled by the election. It troubled the American conscience for almost...
The government has nothing to do with drilling for oil, obtaining it from oil shale, or putting the Keywtone pipeline in. The government does not fund these things, free enterprise does. If they get the fuel from government land, the government collects royalties. If they get it from private land, the land owner collects royalties. In any case the government is not out one thin dime for the work. If the oil companies think they can make money going after this oil, it is on them, not the gov't
I'm reminding all my friends here in Denver not to believe their vote is worthless. Our swing state’s nine electoral votes could hand the presidency to Romney or Obama -- and the Colorado outcome in 2012 could turn on a few hundred ballots, much like the Florida outcome in 2000.
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 28 minutes ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago