Historians point out that within months of achieving statehood in 1876, Colorado with its measly three electoral tipped the presidential election for Rutherford B. Hayes. Yet the dominant issue of that era, equal rights for former black slaves, wasn’t settled by the election. It troubled the American conscience for almost...
Obama hasn't had any of his budgets passed by congress, even when the dems controlled both houses. That is how out of whack he is. His budgets didn't pass the muster of even his own party. They do have some semblence of self control. The stimulii by both Bush and obama were not really the right way to go. There is nothing wrong with a business going into bankruptcy. They can continue to function for a long time. Look at the history of the Minneapolis & St Louis Railroad. They were in bankruptcy for many years, they continued to serve their customers, employ people, and run their railroad. For a long time, anyone could buy the entire 1200 mile long railroad for $1, but there were no takers. Finally, a receiver was appointed
I'm reminding all my friends here in Denver not to believe their vote is worthless. Our swing state’s nine electoral votes could hand the presidency to Romney or Obama -- and the Colorado outcome in 2012 could turn on a few hundred ballots, much like the Florida outcome in 2000.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago