Without Beer, mankind would not have survived the Dark Ages. The alcohol in the beer killed the bacteria in the water. They had not yet invented sewage treatment so they just dumped it into the street and then into the river. Anyone downstream was therefore drinking someone elses excrements, not too healthy. Along came beer and people had something to hydrate them that would not kill them.
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 52 mins ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Stemwinder: Rand Paul rips Obama’s Syria plan, McCain, Kerry, Hillary, interventionists, anti-war hypocrites, you name it Allahpundit 4 hours ago