Without Beer, mankind would not have survived the Dark Ages. The alcohol in the beer killed the bacteria in the water. They had not yet invented sewage treatment so they just dumped it into the street and then into the river. Anyone downstream was therefore drinking someone elses excrements, not too healthy. Along came beer and people had something to hydrate them that would not kill them.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace did to Nazca Lines Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- So, about Obama’s decision to exclude men from asking questions at his presser… Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Obama: No quick end to the Cuba embargo Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- What on earth is Rand Paul thinking in taking Obama’s side against Rubio on Cuba? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- TEMS Special: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show! Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago