Without Beer, mankind would not have survived the Dark Ages. The alcohol in the beer killed the bacteria in the water. They had not yet invented sewage treatment so they just dumped it into the street and then into the river. Anyone downstream was therefore drinking someone elses excrements, not too healthy. Along came beer and people had something to hydrate them that would not kill them.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Who’s ready for a Marie Harf grilling over Clinton email scandal? Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Abandon the fantasy. Hillary isn’t going anywhere Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Ben Carson: You know what, I’m done talking about gay rights from now on Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Smelling blood in the water, Biden’s 2016 juggernaut seizes on Clinton’s woes Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Walker: I’ll sign a ban on late-term abortions Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago