In response to:
Some places charge you for charging, some give it away. There are usually only a copuple of charging stations, so it 10 people want to charge at the same time, a bunch are sol. Back in the day, there was a Sci Fi writer named Victor Appleton and his hero was Tom Swift. Tom built an electric car that could go a few miles and charge up in an hour or 2 off of the trolley lines. Not too safe. Now this book was one of my fathers and he was born in around 1910. If everyone went elec today, the grid would just fail. The system isn't designe for it. What about Steam? My uncles modified Stanley Steamer would cruise at 120 and would run on any burnable liquid and got 20 to 30 mph depending on the liquid. It did go through some water.
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 19 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago