In response to:
Some places charge you for charging, some give it away. There are usually only a copuple of charging stations, so it 10 people want to charge at the same time, a bunch are sol. Back in the day, there was a Sci Fi writer named Victor Appleton and his hero was Tom Swift. Tom built an electric car that could go a few miles and charge up in an hour or 2 off of the trolley lines. Not too safe. Now this book was one of my fathers and he was born in around 1910. If everyone went elec today, the grid would just fail. The system isn't designe for it. What about Steam? My uncles modified Stanley Steamer would cruise at 120 and would run on any burnable liquid and got 20 to 30 mph depending on the liquid. It did go through some water.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago