When surveys are conducted, the people who are interviewed are randomly selected registered (in a good poll) likely voters who are willing to respond. But that just begins the process. Those responses must then be "weighted" or allocated based on some projected model of past or future voter turnout strength. In other...
In response to:
Shhh! The idea is to lull the Socialist Democrats that they have the election in the bag and they will stay away from the polls! Then they will see the result of their self-deception!
As one who polled the 2008 presidential race extensively, it dawned on me, looking at the various "swing state" surveys taken recently, that many pollsters might be making a significant error that results in President Barack Obama with a lead, when perhaps the lead in reality belongs to Mitt Romney.
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 15 hours ago