With a population of just over half a million and an unemployment rate of 3%, politics plays out differently in North Dakota. Issues that don’t resonate with voters on a national stage, like the failure of the House to pass a Farm Bill, are of primary concern to North Dakota voters. Although solidly Republican when it comes to voting for a president, they have had a Democratic Senator for over fifty years. For this reason, the Senate race between current Representative Rick Berg (R) and former Attorney General Heidi Heitkamp (D) has shaped up to be a hotly contested...
Rick Berg should just run against Harry Reid because this is what the election is all about: control of the Senate! Defeat Heitkamp and deny Reid control of the Senate!
- WaPo: Four Pinocchios for Dems’ Koch habit Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- Russia: We may move into eastern Ukraine to protect ethnic Russians there too Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Has DoJ blocked a corruption probe into Reid, Lee? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- House Dems whipping against ObamaCare fix Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago