Last night, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney picked a Twitter fight with Republican Congressman Justin Amash over sequestration. We'll get to that online battle in a moment, but first, a word on Rep. Amash's misguided comments that caught Carney's attention in the first place. Amash has been publicly blasting Republican leadership for aggressively pinning the sequester on President Obama, arguing that it's "disingenuous" for members of Congress to vote for a compromise, then blame it on the other party. This needlessly and foolishly undermines the GOP's messaging on the issue. Republicans are not saying that the sequester is...
Whaat? Actually the idea of Sequestration came from the nether regions of the White House and Obama; it would be truly fitting for the Republicans in the House and Senate to allow Sequestration "cuts" to happen! Since the Sequestration idea was shoved down the throats of the Republicans, then having it shoved back up the nether regions of the White House and Obama is poetic justice!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 5 hours ago