Last night, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney picked a Twitter fight with Republican Congressman Justin Amash over sequestration. We'll get to that online battle in a moment, but first, a word on Rep. Amash's misguided comments that caught Carney's attention in the first place. Amash has been publicly blasting Republican leadership for aggressively pinning the sequester on President Obama, arguing that it's "disingenuous" for members of Congress to vote for a compromise, then blame it on the other party. This needlessly and foolishly undermines the GOP's messaging on the issue. Republicans are not saying that the sequester is...
Whaat? Actually the idea of Sequestration came from the nether regions of the White House and Obama; it would be truly fitting for the Republicans in the House and Senate to allow Sequestration "cuts" to happen! Since the Sequestration idea was shoved down the throats of the Republicans, then having it shoved back up the nether regions of the White House and Obama is poetic justice!
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 28 minutes ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago