WASHINGTON -- Full disclosure right upfront: I'm a proud life member of the National Rifle Association. I am on the NRA's board of directors and serve as chairman of the organization's Military and Veterans' Affairs Committee. I have owned and used firearms most of my life, and I can read. Unlike some in Washington, I don't believe that the 27 words above -- the Second Amendment of our Constitution -- have...
The cool people on college campuses in the 60's carried Mao’s red book which taught people’s liberation. The people in the U.S. meant blacks, women, gays, atheist, immigrants, and those not rich. On the other side were people who believed in Americans as one and in traditional values. The people’s movement became an army and now they have won. The eery sad feeling that traditional Americas feel is that of a people conquered by a foreign power, and now have their lives and wealth controlled, and are being forced to do things that are not their choices and in which they don’t believe. But even Napoleon’s grip failed. And the conquered Anglo Saxons of Robin Hood’s day eventually forced the Normans to sign the Magna Carta.
(SET ITAL) A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. (END ITAL)
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014