WASHINGTON -- Full disclosure right upfront: I'm a proud life member of the National Rifle Association. I am on the NRA's board of directors and serve as chairman of the organization's Military and Veterans' Affairs Committee. I have owned and used firearms most of my life, and I can read. Unlike some in Washington, I don't believe that the 27 words above -- the Second Amendment of our Constitution -- have...
The cool people on college campuses in the 60's carried Mao’s red book which taught people’s liberation. The people in the U.S. meant blacks, women, gays, atheist, immigrants, and those not rich. On the other side were people who believed in Americans as one and in traditional values. The people’s movement became an army and now they have won. The eery sad feeling that traditional Americas feel is that of a people conquered by a foreign power, and now have their lives and wealth controlled, and are being forced to do things that are not their choices and in which they don’t believe. But even Napoleon’s grip failed. And the conquered Anglo Saxons of Robin Hood’s day eventually forced the Normans to sign the Magna Carta.
(SET ITAL) A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. (END ITAL)
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Journalist quits Ferguson after denouncing the media’s behavior Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ben Rhodes: We won’t necessarily limit our airstrikes against ISIS to Iraq Allahpundit 4 hours ago