For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
Majority voted for Obama so they obviously WANT the federal Gov't to be responsible for healthcare. Or there was massive voter fraud!
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago