MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow and Hot Air’s Allahpundit are in rare agreement: A video produced for the Republican National Convention that played on the evening of Mitt Romney’s acceptance speech should have been featured more prominently in prime time. Why? It was touching, humanizing and uplifting – and it also highlighted Romney’s professional accomplishments in a very compelling way. Because the ‘likeability’ factor is such a major component of this campaign, why wouldn’t RNC organizers have moved heaven and earth to ensure that tens of millions of voters would be exposed to such a brilliant piece of biographical art? ...
In response to:
Mitt Romney needs to do the same as FDR did overcoming a major political issue ! FDR was from a very wealthy Roosevelt family but built his entire political-career on-PR-advocating for the common man. M-R has no such political history. If he goes after Obama's ties to Wall Street he's campaigning against himself. Dems know this, thus Reid, D-W-S aren't worried about telling the truth when it comes to class warfare. They know that class warfare isn't a credible playing field for M-R, rght-wng-media. D-W-S may be a liar, that just makes her a politician. But she also stayed on message, was even willing to go on Fox News, embarrass herself to do it. FDR, a Covert-Statist "campaigned as a "common-mans-Dem !" R Political Strategy Needed !
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago