What if the government regards the Constitution as merely a guideline to be referred to from time to time, or a myth to be foisted upon the voters,...
Hmmm ... WHAT IF every -- EVERY -- citizen of the U.S. decided to boycott the IRS and not pay Federal Income Tax. Would the federal government then arrest every U.S. citizen? I'm sure they'd start by confiscating property, but then what do they do with that? Of course I admit I'd never have the cojones to not pay the IRS, but ... WHAT IF? Just food for thought, as are the questions in this column. (And by the way, if you read each question one at a time, the answer to all seems to be "they're already doing it." Disheartening, to say the least ...
What if the government never took the Constitution seriously? What if the same generation -- in some cases the same human beings -- that wrote in the First Amendment, "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech," also enacted the Alien and Sedition Acts, which made it a crime to criticize the government? What if the feds don't regard the Constitution as the Supreme Law of the Land?
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014