The 1996 Welfare Reform Act, which had bipartisan support, is hailed as one of Clinton’s greatest legislative achievements. Clinton believed that the welfare system in place prior to the reform “undermines the basic values of work, responsibility and family -- trapping generation after generation in dependency, and hurting...
In La. we call many of these welfare checks 'crazy checks.' If you can convince the welfare office you're a few cards short of a full deck, you can ride this from teen years onward. Work? That won't fly. Too strenuous, and it interferes with a busy social life. Anyway, it's too hot here for that.
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 48 minutes ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 4 hours ago