The 1996 Welfare Reform Act, which had bipartisan support, is hailed as one of Clinton’s greatest legislative achievements. Clinton believed that the welfare system in place prior to the reform “undermines the basic values of work, responsibility and family -- trapping generation after generation in dependency, and hurting...
In La. we call many of these welfare checks 'crazy checks.' If you can convince the welfare office you're a few cards short of a full deck, you can ride this from teen years onward. Work? That won't fly. Too strenuous, and it interferes with a busy social life. Anyway, it's too hot here for that.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago