Those who talk glibly about redistribution often act as if people are just inert objects that can be placed here and there, like pieces on a chess board, to carry out some grand design. But if human beings have their own responses to government policies,...
Steven and Fletch...you two couldn't be more wrong re King and the role of unions. While there have been challenges with unions, they're a reflection most often of what's out of sync in the management of the workplace. It was the 'prejudice' of the times that slowed progress for black laborers but there were inroads gained after the 60's that provided a more balanced work environment (http://depts.washington.edu/dock/ship_scalers.shtml). So, no, the path for black workers was slowed but in time prevailed. King as most others understand that socialism is not to be confused with a socialist country. Rather socialism is understood in the context that we provide care for those in need, not a system to control what we earn and how we live...
The recently discovered tape on which Barack Obama said back in 1998 that he believes in redistribution is not really news. He said the same thing to Joe the Plumber four years ago. But the surfacing of this tape may serve a useful purpose if it gets people to thinking about what the consequences of redistribution are.
- Scott Brown’s record on guns signals trouble in NH bid Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- 12 questions the White House press corps could have asked Obama about Obamacare Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Federal judge: Utah’s ban on gay marriage is unconstitutional Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Why Sen. Landrieu might be pretty pumped about Sen. Baucus’s nomination to the ambassadorship to China Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- CNN reporter to Obama at press conference: What’s your New Year’s resolution? Allahpundit 16 hours ago