Those critics have less influence all the time. Some 18 states permit medical use of marijuana, and in November, Colorado and Washington voted to allow recreational use. Nationally, support for legalization is steadily rising. A decade ago, one of every three Americans favored the idea. Today, nearly half do -- and among those under 50, a large...
Some good responses on this article; yours is pathetically lame and ignorant. So what's your 'drug of choice'??? Cartoons, TV, alcohol, sweets....??? When anyone has a behavior that is self-abusive like excessive eating, drug use, over-consumption anything...obviously, they're not doing well for themselves. Calling people losers for getting stoned a little everyday is like calling people losers for drinking a glass of wine or two.... really???
As recreational drugs go, marijuana is relatively benign. Unlike alcohol, it doesn't stimulate violence or destroy livers. Unlike tobacco, it doesn't cause lung cancer and heart disease. The worst you can say is that it produces intense, unreasoning panic. Not in users, but in critics.
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 49 mins ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 4 hours ago