Those critics have less influence all the time. Some 18 states permit medical use of marijuana, and in November, Colorado and Washington voted to allow recreational use. Nationally, support for legalization is steadily rising. A decade ago, one of every three Americans favored the idea. Today, nearly half do -- and among those under 50, a large...
Some good responses on this article; yours is pathetically lame and ignorant. So what's your 'drug of choice'??? Cartoons, TV, alcohol, sweets....??? When anyone has a behavior that is self-abusive like excessive eating, drug use, over-consumption anything...obviously, they're not doing well for themselves. Calling people losers for getting stoned a little everyday is like calling people losers for drinking a glass of wine or two.... really???
As recreational drugs go, marijuana is relatively benign. Unlike alcohol, it doesn't stimulate violence or destroy livers. Unlike tobacco, it doesn't cause lung cancer and heart disease. The worst you can say is that it produces intense, unreasoning panic. Not in users, but in critics.
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 52 mins ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 3 hours ago