For months, pundits and politicians have been saying that Americans have a math problem. They have a point, for Mr. Obama routinely champions the idea that running annual deficits in excess of $1 trillion dollars can be continued, simply by requiring Americans to pay $200 billion in taxes more each year. Anyone with a 3rd grade grasp of math has long ago come to the conclusion that even if Mr. Obama gets his way, huge annual deficits will remain, and the nation cannot sustain the current level of profligate spending indefinitely. Somehow, contrary to all known mathematics principles, and contrary to...
Wow!! Another sad pathetic attempt to play the 'math' game which the R's are so inept at doing. Lurita's rant on taxes is just the 'current party line' even though rates under Eisenhower (top at 91%), Reagan (top reduced to 50%) and Clinton (39%) the economy did quite well. Now, rates and policies represent the same conditions that led to the '29 Crash'; corps are sitting on over $2T in cash with no incentive to invest because with rates much less and tax laws changed to reward them for shipping jobs overseas and pour funds into the Cayman Islands, they could care less about the current economy because they're THRIVING!! The 1% are NOT the job creators; middle America is and why you and your 'friends' on this don't seem to grasp that is
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 20 minutes ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago