For months, pundits and politicians have been saying that Americans have a math problem. They have a point, for Mr. Obama routinely champions the idea that running annual deficits in excess of $1 trillion dollars can be continued, simply by requiring Americans to pay $200 billion in taxes more each year. Anyone with a 3rd grade grasp of math has long ago come to the conclusion that even if Mr. Obama gets his way, huge annual deficits will remain, and the nation cannot sustain the current level of profligate spending indefinitely. Somehow, contrary to all known mathematics principles, and contrary to...
Wow!! Another sad pathetic attempt to play the 'math' game which the R's are so inept at doing. Lurita's rant on taxes is just the 'current party line' even though rates under Eisenhower (top at 91%), Reagan (top reduced to 50%) and Clinton (39%) the economy did quite well. Now, rates and policies represent the same conditions that led to the '29 Crash'; corps are sitting on over $2T in cash with no incentive to invest because with rates much less and tax laws changed to reward them for shipping jobs overseas and pour funds into the Cayman Islands, they could care less about the current economy because they're THRIVING!! The 1% are NOT the job creators; middle America is and why you and your 'friends' on this don't seem to grasp that is
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 9 hours ago