The Australian EU/UN styled ETS has been modelled to cost 16.1 billion per year at current cost of permits with a population of 23 million. Do the Obama sums because the total is the goal he hasn't been able to acheive yet.
American taxpayers are quite often skeptical and critical of federal government bureaucracies. That skepticism is amplified when applied to international institutions like the European Union (EU) and the United Nations (UN), which receives more than $1 billion in taxpayer dollars. In fact, a February 2012 Gallup poll showed that 61 percent of Americans said that the UN is doing a poor job in trying to solve the problems it has had to face, versus 32 percent that said the UN is doing a good job in trying to solve the problems. The EU doesn’t do much better. According to...
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 27 minutes ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 3 hours ago