The Australian EU/UN styled ETS has been modelled to cost 16.1 billion per year at current cost of permits with a population of 23 million. Do the Obama sums because the total is the goal he hasn't been able to acheive yet.
American taxpayers are quite often skeptical and critical of federal government bureaucracies. That skepticism is amplified when applied to international institutions like the European Union (EU) and the United Nations (UN), which receives more than $1 billion in taxpayer dollars. In fact, a February 2012 Gallup poll showed that 61 percent of Americans said that the UN is doing a poor job in trying to solve the problems it has had to face, versus 32 percent that said the UN is doing a good job in trying to solve the problems. The EU doesn’t do much better. According to...
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 18 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 19 hours ago