The Australian EU/UN styled ETS has been modelled to cost 16.1 billion per year at current cost of permits with a population of 23 million. Do the Obama sums because the total is the goal he hasn't been able to acheive yet.
American taxpayers are quite often skeptical and critical of federal government bureaucracies. That skepticism is amplified when applied to international institutions like the European Union (EU) and the United Nations (UN), which receives more than $1 billion in taxpayer dollars. In fact, a February 2012 Gallup poll showed that 61 percent of Americans said that the UN is doing a poor job in trying to solve the problems it has had to face, versus 32 percent that said the UN is doing a good job in trying to solve the problems. The EU doesn’t do much better. According to...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 10 hours ago