Well, no actually, except for the part about trying to learn the cello. It's been 18 months now, and I'm plugging away, attempting to force my hands, arms, body, but mostly my brain, to do things...
First, a big, hearty PFTHFHTHTHFHTHTTTT!!!!!! to the person who asked "But does this article belong here?" If nothing else, this goes to show that the arts and learning are not just the provinces of the liberal! I sing in a wonderful symphony orchestra and those who know not much more than this about me are constantly confounded that one can be so much a proponent of the arts and yet be so conservative minded. We need more conservative artists to come out of the closet.
Seized by some peculiar muse (clearly one with a sense of humor), I have undertaken to learn the cello in middle age. To the amazement of my teacher, my family and myself, I've made incredibly rapid progress. Displaying a fluidity and musicianship that cannot be taught, I burned through the early books and went straight to repertoire that is usually the province of advanced players.
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 59 mins ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago