Federal law requires that each chamber of Congress introduce and pass a budget resolution every single year. Lest we forget, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives fulfilled their legal responsibilities for the past two years, and will do so again in 2013. By contrast, Senate Democrats -- presumably because they’re afraid to submit a budget plan that addresses out-of-control entitlement spending -- have shirked this responsibility for 1400 straight days. Instead, they’ve been on the offensive for years, blaming “Republican obstructionists” for their running failure, even though Republicans cannot legally...
In response to:
the clowns forgot what a budget is.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 16 hours ago