Then allocate just one percent of the annual budget of the Department of Education to create the United States Academy of Technology; put every course, every major, every bachelor, every masters, every doctorate online for free and let every U.S. citizen learn as much and excel as far and as fast as he or she can. We have the technology, the talent and the dollars available to do this - and do it excellently - right now.
American education is in a sorry state of affairs, and there's enough blame for all participants to have their fair share. They include students who are hostile and alien to the education process, uninterested parents, teachers and administrators who either are incompetent or have been beaten down by the system, and politicians who've become handmaidens for teachers unions. There's another education issue that's neither flattering nor comfortable to confront and talk about. That's the low academic preparation of many teachers. That's an issue that must be confronted and dealt with if we're to improve the quality of education. Let's look at...
- Meanwhile in Israel, Hamas claims responsibility for attack in Jerusalem Noah Rothman 31 mins ago
- Reuters: Suspect in Ottawa attack identified, was a Canadian convert to Islam Allahpundit 53 mins ago
- New James O’Keefe video: Lefty organizers in Colorado wouldn’t support voter fraud on Mark Udall’s behalf, would they? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CDC: Travelers from Ebola-impacted nations will be monitored for 21 days Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: At least seven black witnesses have corroborated Darren Wilson’s testimony before the Ferguson grand jury Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama will not go quietly in 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago