Then allocate just one percent of the annual budget of the Department of Education to create the United States Academy of Technology; put every course, every major, every bachelor, every masters, every doctorate online for free and let every U.S. citizen learn as much and excel as far and as fast as he or she can. We have the technology, the talent and the dollars available to do this - and do it excellently - right now.
American education is in a sorry state of affairs, and there's enough blame for all participants to have their fair share. They include students who are hostile and alien to the education process, uninterested parents, teachers and administrators who either are incompetent or have been beaten down by the system, and politicians who've become handmaidens for teachers unions. There's another education issue that's neither flattering nor comfortable to confront and talk about. That's the low academic preparation of many teachers. That's an issue that must be confronted and dealt with if we're to improve the quality of education. Let's look at...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago