Not only that… but by using the tools of the information age (interactive charts, graphs, videos, tests, etc), these online courses could be the most interesting, engaging, inspiring and efficient courses ever created. There is simply no comparison between what is now possible versus the 18th Century classroom model. You want to balance these budgets both state and federal? You want a highly educated work force? You want to relieve parents of the burden of paying for college degrees? You want to relieve young families of the burden of tens of thousands of dollars in student loan debt?
American education is in a sorry state of affairs, and there's enough blame for all participants to have their fair share. They include students who are hostile and alien to the education process, uninterested parents, teachers and administrators who either are incompetent or have been beaten down by the system, and politicians who've become handmaidens for teachers unions. There's another education issue that's neither flattering nor comfortable to confront and talk about. That's the low academic preparation of many teachers. That's an issue that must be confronted and dealt with if we're to improve the quality of education. Let's look at...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 26 minutes ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 3 hours ago