Compared to other post-WWII candidates, Goldwater was a giant. He was defeated by a campaign that claimed that, if he were elected, we might get embroiled in a pointless ground war in Asia, ten thousand miles from our own shores, resulting in maybe fifty thousand American deaths.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago