It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
Looks like I'll have to wade into another sea of Ray Ancel/Sybil/Whatever SPAM in order to make a relevant comment. Observe that, since Israelis armed their schools, there have been virtually NO terror attacks on them. Observe that little Switzerland, a tiny but pro-gun country in the middle of Europe, has not been invaded in centuries. Hitler took a quick look at a tiny nation with a well-armed populace, and said "Nein, Danke." Instead, he figured correctly that invading the vast Soviet Union would be easier.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 12 hours ago