Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
The Tenth certainly SHOULD be used to justify secession. You can bet the house that EVERY branch of the central government--especially the black-robed priests of the Supreme Court--would "interpret" the Tenth in a way to deny the clear right of secession. I think the clear strategy for secession should be to do it coolly, rationally, and with advance notice. It would also be best if multiple states issued letters of secession simultaneously.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Rand Paul: If it was wrong not to protect the Benghazi consulate, it’s wrong not to protect the one in Kurdistan Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 4 hours ago