Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
The Tenth certainly SHOULD be used to justify secession. You can bet the house that EVERY branch of the central government--especially the black-robed priests of the Supreme Court--would "interpret" the Tenth in a way to deny the clear right of secession. I think the clear strategy for secession should be to do it coolly, rationally, and with advance notice. It would also be best if multiple states issued letters of secession simultaneously.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Ukraine ends offensive operations against rebels, digs in to repel Russian invasion Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago