Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
The Tenth certainly SHOULD be used to justify secession. You can bet the house that EVERY branch of the central government--especially the black-robed priests of the Supreme Court--would "interpret" the Tenth in a way to deny the clear right of secession. I think the clear strategy for secession should be to do it coolly, rationally, and with advance notice. It would also be best if multiple states issued letters of secession simultaneously.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 8 hours ago