There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
I think American voters should grow spines, and at least ALLOW their votes to be linked to their names. This way, you could verify that your vote was recorded correctly. I think most Americans, after pondering the options, would elect to link their names to their votes. It would also make it easier for citizens to view the voter roles, and identify cases of dead people voting, or more people voting than actually showed up in a given precinct. The leadership of both major parties, you can be assured, would fight this simple and logical proposal tooth and nail.
- White House: It’s business as usual on subsidies after Halbig Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- July Crisis: Ukraine alleges a Russian military officer pulled the trigger on MH17 Noah Rothman 53 minutes ago
- NYT: Hobby Lobby part of “this summer of a violent God” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Pelosi confronted over whether Obama is ‘angry enough’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago