In response to:
Hoppe and Shedlock are right. The Austrian School of Economics (that is, the laissez-faire capitalist school) has mastered and rebutted all the arcane and deliberately complex arguments Keynesians use. But really, the best questions are the simple questions. "How does printing slips of paper with numbers printed on them make us wealthier?" "Can you spend yourself rich?" "If minimum wage laws don't increase unemployment, why not make everyone rich by just declaring a minimum wage of fifty dollars an hour? Heck, why not a hundred?" "If a family is in debt up to its eyeballs, should they stimulate their family economy by taking out three or four more credit cards, and spending as much as they can?" And so on.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago