In response to:
Hoppe and Shedlock are right. The Austrian School of Economics (that is, the laissez-faire capitalist school) has mastered and rebutted all the arcane and deliberately complex arguments Keynesians use. But really, the best questions are the simple questions. "How does printing slips of paper with numbers printed on them make us wealthier?" "Can you spend yourself rich?" "If minimum wage laws don't increase unemployment, why not make everyone rich by just declaring a minimum wage of fifty dollars an hour? Heck, why not a hundred?" "If a family is in debt up to its eyeballs, should they stimulate their family economy by taking out three or four more credit cards, and spending as much as they can?" And so on.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 9 hours ago