In response to:
Hoppe and Shedlock are right. The Austrian School of Economics (that is, the laissez-faire capitalist school) has mastered and rebutted all the arcane and deliberately complex arguments Keynesians use. But really, the best questions are the simple questions. "How does printing slips of paper with numbers printed on them make us wealthier?" "Can you spend yourself rich?" "If minimum wage laws don't increase unemployment, why not make everyone rich by just declaring a minimum wage of fifty dollars an hour? Heck, why not a hundred?" "If a family is in debt up to its eyeballs, should they stimulate their family economy by taking out three or four more credit cards, and spending as much as they can?" And so on.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014