In response to:
Hoppe and Shedlock are right. The Austrian School of Economics (that is, the laissez-faire capitalist school) has mastered and rebutted all the arcane and deliberately complex arguments Keynesians use. But really, the best questions are the simple questions. "How does printing slips of paper with numbers printed on them make us wealthier?" "Can you spend yourself rich?" "If minimum wage laws don't increase unemployment, why not make everyone rich by just declaring a minimum wage of fifty dollars an hour? Heck, why not a hundred?" "If a family is in debt up to its eyeballs, should they stimulate their family economy by taking out three or four more credit cards, and spending as much as they can?" And so on.
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 20 mins ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 50 mins ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago