In response to:
Hoppe and Shedlock are right. The Austrian School of Economics (that is, the laissez-faire capitalist school) has mastered and rebutted all the arcane and deliberately complex arguments Keynesians use. But really, the best questions are the simple questions. "How does printing slips of paper with numbers printed on them make us wealthier?" "Can you spend yourself rich?" "If minimum wage laws don't increase unemployment, why not make everyone rich by just declaring a minimum wage of fifty dollars an hour? Heck, why not a hundred?" "If a family is in debt up to its eyeballs, should they stimulate their family economy by taking out three or four more credit cards, and spending as much as they can?" And so on.
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 42 minutes ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago