From my libertarian perspective, I think breaking up nation-states into smaller units is a great idea. Catalonia should separate from Spain, Frisia from Belgium, Bavaria from Germany, and Scotland from Britain. The United States should also separate into self-governing regions; I think 50 sounds like just about the right number. The District of Columbia should be left to govern itself. I hear DC is great at producing regulations; let it regulate itself.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago