From my libertarian perspective, I think breaking up nation-states into smaller units is a great idea. Catalonia should separate from Spain, Frisia from Belgium, Bavaria from Germany, and Scotland from Britain. The United States should also separate into self-governing regions; I think 50 sounds like just about the right number. The District of Columbia should be left to govern itself. I hear DC is great at producing regulations; let it regulate itself.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Cheer up, Eric Holder: You’re only the third-most-hated Obama Cabinet official Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Hot Air returns to the Vatican Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Rand Paul’s become acceptably hawkish for a prospective GOP nominee, says … John McCain Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- State’s Marie Harf: ISIS couldn’t even have predicted how powerful ISIS would become Noah Rothman 7 hours ago