From my libertarian perspective, I think breaking up nation-states into smaller units is a great idea. Catalonia should separate from Spain, Frisia from Belgium, Bavaria from Germany, and Scotland from Britain. The United States should also separate into self-governing regions; I think 50 sounds like just about the right number. The District of Columbia should be left to govern itself. I hear DC is great at producing regulations; let it regulate itself.
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 12 minutes ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- Video: Obama declines to endorse Biden for 2016 Ed Morrissey 53 minutes ago
- Slate’s Dickerson: Obama deceptions might be a deliberate attention-diverting strategy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Report: Jewish residents being forced to “register” by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukrainian city; Update: U.S. ambassador confirms; Update: Hoax? Allahpundit 2 hours ago