The good administrator of the school on the next block, far from having to FIGHT the school board in order to use phonics, would immediately implement phonics of her own accord. Suddenly, that school would be overwhelmed by parents wanting to enroll their kids in a school that actually teaches reading. The smart administrator would get a loan, buy out the lousy school, and institute the same programs there. Additionally, she would lease out some unused storefront in the Obama economy, and open up satellite schools to meet the demand. Kids would learn reading, not in 12 years, but in six weeks. And this is just for starters.
Nearly two years ago, U.S. News & World Report came out with a story titled "Educators Implicated in Atlanta Cheating Scandal." It reported that "for 10 years, hundreds of Atlanta public school teachers and principals changed answers on state tests in one of the largest cheating scandals in U.S. history." More than three-quarters of the 56 Atlanta schools investigated had cheated on the National Assessment of Educational Progress test, sometimes called the national report card. Cheating orders came from school administrators and included brazen acts such as teachers reading answers aloud during the test and erasing incorrect answers. One teacher told...
- That ISIS guy who promised to raise Islamic flag over the White House? He’s dead Noah Rothman 12 mins ago
- Remembering James Foley and his work Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- NY Daily News cover blasts Obama for vacation return after Foley murder Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Dems fret that ISIS will force America to return to Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 3 hours ago