In response to:

Al-Qaida in the Heart of Africa

Paulus Textor Wrote: Jan 18, 2013 9:58 PM
Well, it's heartening to see so many TH readers seeing through the Neocon disinformation campaign to make Islam (presumably, all 1.5 billion Muslims) the enemy. On the other hand, it's a little depressing to see so many still falling for it. There is no such thing as a single, unified, monolithic "Islam," any more than there is a single, unified, monolithic Christianity. Judging all of Islam by the actions of a few miscreants is like judging all of Christianity by the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church.
True Conservative! Wrote: Jan 18, 2013 11:13 PM
Well, it only takes about 1% of the population willing to kill to control the other 99% and the Muslims have far more than 1% fanatics! And if you know ANYTHING about the current fanatical Islamic culture; you'd be worried about it too! But, you Buchanan drones can't be educated in one post so I won't try!
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" is Newton's third law of physics.

Its counterpart in geopolitics is "blowback," when military action in one sphere produces an unintended and undesirable consequence in another.

September 11, 2001, was blowback.

George H.W. Bush had sent an army of half a million to hurl Saddam Hussein out of Kuwait, a triumph. He proceeded to impose severe sanctions on the Iraqis and to build U.S. bases in Saudi Arabia.

"Infidel" soldiers on sacred Islamic soil and the suffering of the Iraqi people under American sanctions were two of the causes Osama bin...