Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
Returning to the discussion after 10 hours trying to maintain liquidity in the crashing Obama economy. Earned a certain amount of fiat Federal Reserve funny-money. Thrilling. Anyway, what IS thrilling is seeing articles on drug legalization on this conservative website, and noting that MOST of the posters understand the liberty angle; that is, they support full legalization. You don't find that sort of commentary on liberal websites. To repeat another poster's challenge: show me the article and section of the Constitution that ALLOWS the federal government to outlaw plants and plant extracts. If you can't, then you've discovered the drug war is unconstitutional. If you STILL support the drug war, then you're thinking like a liberal.
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama overrules Senate, declares CIA’s Bush-era tactics ‘torture’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Another liberal attempt to force you to share in their humorless misery fails Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- IG finds dozens of federal workers watched TV and did laundry on the clock — and got bonuses Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago