When I grew up in the 30s and 40s, a HS certificate meant something, but we were much better educated than HS grads now. We could actually read most anything, knew a lot about science, US history (civics), English grammar and writing, had to pass basic math, including algebra and geometry and some of us even took foreign language courses. These are the basics that most colleges and universities have to teach new students until they can begin to understand the real upper-level material. When I went to college, half of the incoming freshmen flunked out after two years. All this decline can be traced to progressive ideas invading the schools and making our kids into PC liberal automatons.
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 19 hours ago